Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - Progress and frogs

My teddy bear huggy blanket is still hibernating. At least until I'm done with my big secret project.
Last week I started participating in a CAL started by Stacey also known as Freshstitches. It's no secret I'm a big fan of her patterns, so of course I had to join.The goal is to crochet Jackie the Cow , one of her patterns.
You can read the start of my CAL here.
So far I've only done the body and one leg. Besides the dark pink and the white, I'm going to use a light pink.



Next is my secret project. It's coming along very nicely and I'm very close to finishing it.
I also got to make pleats for the first time when knitting, so you can say that I've learned something new.



Moving on to my frogs.
When I was looking for needles, I discovered that I have at least 3 unfinished projects lying around for myself. One is a scarf from Nicky Epstein's book Signature Scarves. It's almost done so I'm keeping it and will try to get it done in the near future.

The other projects is a dress in drops silke alpaca  , both knitted and crocheted,  and a jacket made in fabel.
I'm going to frog both these since I'm in the middle of both and my tension and gauge has changed since I started them. Yeah they have been lying around for a long time.

I'm not sure if I'll do the jacket again what do you think ?

I'm propably going to start over with the dress. The yarn is discontinued and I bought it especially for that dress.

Well enough rambling from me this sunny Wednesday.

Be sure to visit Tami's for more awesome W.I.P.'s


Thanks for reading and commenting. 
Happy crafting!




4 comments:

  1. Have a great time with the CAL! I've been watching the posts and it looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm having a lot of fun doing it and planning my cow(s). I'm making more than one cow .

      Delete
  2. Hey there! The cow is coming along nicely. And you have me hooked on the secret project. Now I must know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather :) Cow is going a bit slow but for a good reason. Oh I'm having a hard time not telling, but it won't be long now I promise.

      Delete