Translate

Friday, June 8, 2012

F.O. Friday - Nathan, the Platypus

This W.I.P I started a huggy blanket and I was actually determined it would get done so I could post it as my F.O.
Well...I didn't take in to consideration , that :
1. I never did Granny Squares before.
2.There would be a lot of ends to sew.

It actually didn´t  accure to me until I was about to start the blanketpart.

And I really wanted to participate this F.O.Friday, so I had to think of something else, that was fast and easy to make.
Since I already bought the yarn and the pattern, I decided I would crochet a Platypus for my daughter.

And so I present to you  : Nathan, the Platypus


The pattern is designed by Stacey Trock aka Freshstitches. She makes so many cute animals, it's hard to choose which to make first. Eventually I'm going to make them all. Probably in pairs. One for me  and one for my daughter.
Sorry about the strange light in the photo.The color is supposed to be  Turquoise and orange.

Nathan has been renamed and is called Perry, my daughter is a  big fan of Phineas and Pherb hence the new name.

I used Roma from Hjertegarn a cotton/acrylic blend. It's a very soft yarn to work with and I really like the feel of it.

I did have to rip once. You see, my printer decided to die on me. Very annoying when you buy pdf patterns and do a lot of printing. Since I didn't want to spend x hours fixed in front of my stationary, I moved the pattern to my notebook and placed the notebook on my coffee table. That way, I could watch a movie ,talk to my daughter etc. when I needed a break without having to leave my project.
Well mind you , always make sure  the part of the pattern on you screen is where you're at . I didn't.....I was crocheting the bill and I thought "Hey that is one big bill ,Nathan is going to be very big" ...For some reason the pattern has scrolled down to the head ,so I was actually crocheting the head in orange haha.

Anyway...I ripped and then everything went smoothly. He's so much fun to make.
After taking his photo I put him in my daughters bed (she's 6 1/2 Years), so she would see him when she woke up.
First thing she said this morning ,even before saying good morning; was " Aww he's finished ,thank you ,I love him mom "

Got to love your kids when they appreciate the things you make for them with so much joy and excitement.

So that's my finished project this week, what about you ?

If you want to see more finished projects , you should pay a visit to :


Tami's is the one responsable for F.O. and she has a list of links to other peoples blogs where you can see some awesome projects :) 

Thanks for stopping by and reading and have a wonderful Friday :)

Edit : Better photo 







2 comments: